Thursday, March 1, 2012

Heroism


Although it might be difficult, I think I am going to do Catwoman as my character. I believe that she can be considered a hero with many different physical and mental characteristics that she holds. Catwoman began with a very tragic childhood and ventured onto take care of her. With these rough circumstances Catwoman was then turning to crime and wrong doing which started her days in the spotlight of action. Batman then saved her from this wrongdoing and that is where she then became the infamous Catwoman. Sometimes she is alongside Batman fighting against others but then other times she could be partaking in things that would lessen her characteristics of a hero. With these contrasts, I think this is why it is hard to determine whether she is a hero or villain.

I believe that she is a hero. It was hard for me to come to a conclusion of what I thought she was because of the many uncertain things she partakes in. She represents a grey area in the eyes of a viewer when it comes to heroism and villainy. She became along side Batman when he saved her from continuous crime and his instant attraction was that she was almost like the girl version of him. He also didn’t know what to think of her stature; whether it is a hero or villain.  When I think of heroism I define it as a very abstract term. In our world there are so many different views of heroism and what someone with those certain characteristics would entail. I think I would define it in close regards to Bernstein’s definition. A hero is a person that carries certain powerful and higher-reigning characteristics that are used to protect others and is trained to fight in the face of danger. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home